Friday, March 8, 2013

Book Review: Finale

Finale
by  Becca Fitzpatrick
Date Read:  11/8/2012

Rating:  ★ ★ ★ ★

So this might not be the best written book, but it was a very good conclusion to the series. It started right back up where the previous book had left off. There was a pretty good recap (some of it was obnoxious, in your face, annoying recap), but I was thankful for it because there were a lot of little things I didn't remember.

I was constantly wondering how Nora and Patch would come out of this happy and safe. And I didn't figure it out until close to the end. Which is silly. I really should have figured that out, but it's been a long time since I read the other books, so I didn't see it coming.

There were actually a couple twists that I didn't see coming. And there was a character that I didn't know if I should trust. [SPOILER: Dante confused the heck outta me. I didn't want to trust him. But there things that happened that tried to me make (and Nora) trust him. And then naturally I regretted it. I knew he was going to be the bad guy, I just didn't want to believe it for a little while.]

Patch is such a sweetie. He's sarcastic and a little arrogant, but he's so loyal and loving. I never thought for a second throughout this series that he wasn't devoted to Nora. He'd never do anything to hurt her. He would always protect her.

I really got attached to Scott in this book. And I knew what Vee's secret was as soon as she said she had a secret. Scott was such an important character in this book though. He really stepped up.

There was a lot that happened in this book. More than I expected. It was action down until the last 10 pages. I was very happy with it.

The ending was kind of bittersweet. [SPOILER: I did not expect Scott to die. And I kept hoping there'd be some way to bring him back. But at the same time, I kept hoping that by the end there would be some miracle that allowed Patch to feel, and if that happened AND Scott came back from the dead, it would feel very silly. I was really excited at how Patch WAS able to feel at the end, thanks to Detective Basso's gift. And it was sweet to see Vee move on and everyone be happy. But losing Scott is very sad. He was so strong and loyal. More than anyone could ask in a friend.]

I am happy that this book actually had an ending feeling. No way the third book could have been the end of the series. She definitely needed to finish this up. And she did a very good job. I enjoyed this series. I haven't read any other stories about fallen angels, so I don't have anything else to compare it to. But I enjoyed it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...