Friday, June 7, 2013

Book Review: Beastly: Lindy's Diary


Beastly: Lindy's Diary
by  Alex Flinn
Date Read:  6/7/2013

Rating:  ★ ★ ★ 

I was pretty excited to see that there was a book from Lindy's POV.  I have enjoyed reading books where they are from the other character's POV.  But it just didn't live up quite to what I was hoping for.

Naturally this follows the storyline of Beastly.  I thought it was a good concept for this to be Lindy's diary.  See things really from her perspective throughout the story. But because it was from a 16 year old POV, the writing was rather annoying.  Some of the thoughts were not described well, and there was a huge overuse of underlining words to accentuate them. 

The second half of the book actually got better...perhpas because she talked more about what happened, there was more action to write about?  Whereas in the beginning it was mostly about her past and her thoughts on things?  Idk.  But it just didn't quite live up to what I hoped for.

It was enjoyable enough.  If you enjoyed Beastly, I think this is a cute addition to the story.  It reads fast.  I'm not sure how much of the dialogue was exactly the same as in Beastly, because I read it so long ago.  So maybe it would be more frustrating to someone who read Beastly recently...but I don't think you need to run out and read this.  But if you have a few free minutes of reading, pick this up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...