Thursday, July 16, 2015

Book Review: Blood Tide

Blood Tide (Never Land #3)
by  
Date Read:  7/14/15
Rating: ★ ★ 

Well, I picked this and another from this series up at a big book sale.  I like reading these short elementary books as books to just enjoy a chapter or two of before bed – and to scope out fun books to read to my daughter as she gets older.

When I picked this one up to read, I tried looking at the books to determine if there was a series to the books. Neither book indicated a number.  So I picked up Blood Tide first.  Well, I came to find out when I added to my currently reading list on goodreads, that this is book 3.  Haha.  Oh well.

This book did not seem dependent on the previous two books – which was good.  It just may have happened at a later time period.

This book was entertaining.  It did not have Peter in it. This is a story of an event that happened while Peter was in London.  It was fun to see how the Lost Boys are without Peter around.  I also liked that Shining Pearl and Little Scallop were much bigger characters in this book.

It’s a relatively short book and includes pictures every few pages.  It’s perfect for a young reader just beginning chapter books – of course, you’d have to read the big chapter book in the first Starcatchers book to understand who the characters are.


The book moved at a quick pace and kept me interested. It was fun seeing the two different story lines and then to watch them come together at the end. I thought this book was really well done. I really enjoy the concept of the Starcatchers also.  If you enjoyed the Starcatchers books, you should pick this up as a quick addition.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...