Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Birthday Project #4: Sparkle Sign


Instead of buying a pricey little sign from Etsy, I decided that I could make one myself. Since I was doing a pink and gold theme, I thought the sparkle saying would go well.  Here’s how I did it:

Total Cost:
Approximately $3, + cardstock, glue, and picture frame on hand

Supplies:
White cardstock
Printer
Scissors
Glue / Mod podge
Glitter
Picture frame

Instructions:
  1. First you need to type up your sign in Publisher or Word. I used publisher. I set the size at 5x7.
  2. Insert a pink 2 horizontal gradient background to the file using two shades of pink.
  3. Choose two fonts – I chose a script font and a print font (Edwardian Script IT and DaunPenh).
  4. I set the script font size at 90 and the DaunPenh font size at 75.
  5. Create a text box for each line and type in the words, setting font, size, and color on each – I chose gold font to match my pink and gold theme.  My text was “she leaves a little Sparkle wherever she goes”.
  6. Adjust the location of each. You can overlap the text boxes so the words are closer together.
  7. Add small circle shapes around the text in the same color as your text.
  8. Save the file as a PDF and then print it on cardstock, ensuring it prints in 5x7 size.
  9. Cut out the picture.
  10. On each circle, put a dab of glue covering the entire circle.
  11. Sprinkle glitter over each circle.  I bought the glitter at Hobby Lobby and used my 40% off coupon.  Shake the extra glitter off.
  12. Once the glitter and glue has dried, place the picture in a frame so it can be displayed! I used a picture frame I already had on hand.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...