Friday, February 19, 2016

Book Review: How to Twist a Dragon's Tale

How to Twist a Dragon's Tale
by  Cressida Cowell
Date Read:  2/17/16
Rating: ★ ★ 
 ★

I like that every story has introduced a new character. The world is getting so big now. I thought Humongous was an interesting character. I wasn’t sure which way he was going to side.

I really enjoyed the quest involving not only Hiccup and Fishlegs, but also Kamikaze. She is hilarious! I love her. I’m interested to see if she stays the only girl in the story. I really like Astrid from the movies, but I think she may have been completely made up.  Kamikaze brings out the bravery in the boys though – mostly because she teases them about being scaredy-cats.  She’s also just super funny.

This story was a little more complex than the other stories have been. It got fairly emotional too. It makes you question whether Hiccup’s mom really loves Stoick. I think she does, but if definitely makes you think. And it makes you have compassion for a guy you’re not sure who’s side he’s on.

I liked that they introduced different dragons too – riding dragons, fire dragons. I like learning about all the different types of dragons in this world.

I really enjoyed this story since it had more complex themes – not that I don’t enjoy the other books as well. But this one just seemed a little bit more grown up than the others. I’m interested to see how the rest of the series plays out and how Humongous and Alvin the Treacherous come back in to Hiccup’s life.

I would also like to see Hiccup’s mom!  We got a glimpse of her in this story – because she’d barely been mentioned. What quests does she go on? Why is she never around?  The epilogue was sad too!!!  Very heavy and emotional. Really enjoyed this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...