Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Book Review: The Nixie's Song

The Nixie's Song (Beyond #1)
by  Holly BlackTony DiTerlizzi
Date Read:  2/10/16
Rating: ★ ★ 

This was a pretty good addition to the Spiderwick world.  The one thing that I don’t like about these books is that the ending just ends. The authors basically write one long story and cut it in to three sections.  You’re never sure when the book is going to end.

The new characters were likeable enough. I’m not super attached to either one of them, but they’re decent enough. I like seeing how other characters react to the faerie world, how others get the sight, etc.

I did not like the nixie. I’m not sure if the nixie itself I don’t like, or the way the narrator portrayed her voice. It was super annoying. I almost want to find a printed version of the book to see if it was printed that way as well.

These are good books to listen to while driving to and from work. They’re short enough that I can get through the whole book before it’s due back to the library; they’re a good distraction from stressing about traffic; and they’re not intense enough to need total focus on them – which is good because I drive in rush hour.

I really liked that the original characters pop up and/or are referenced. It just reminds me that I prefer those characters over the new characters – but maybe that’s just because no one can be as good as the original?

I’ll keep reading the series to see how it ends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...