Monday, March 28, 2016

Book Review: How to Break a Dragon's Heart

How to Break a Dragon's Heart
by  Cressida Cowell
Date Read:  3/28/16
Rating: ★ ★ 
 

I’m finding it hard to rate these books the farther we get in to them. I just feel like I’m saying the same things over and over again.

Hiccup was alone in this story for most of it. That was a refreshing change. I kind of liked the witch he encountered and who she ended up being. Her story about Hiccup Horendous Haddock II was probably the most interesting part of the whole book. While there were some things in her story that made me question how she knew that (i.e. what the baby was feeling while he was sitting on the shore all by himself…), it was interesting and heart wrenching.

I believe that this story set up what our final battle will be now – so that is exciting. I’m interested to see what this “Dragon Rebellion” will end up being and how Hiccup is able to escape it. It sounds a bit more like the movie now – Dragons and humans can’t live together. But I expect that Hiccup will prove everyone wrong – and hopefully get the humans to treat the dragons with more respect.

I also felt like this one related the most to the title of the story.  There have been some in the past where I wasn’t even able to link the title to the story at all. This one actually points it out more, but at the same time, it is much easier to see.   It makes me sad to see the Dragon’s broken heart…but hopefully Hiccup can save the day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...