Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Comic Book Review: Harley Quinn: Hot in the City

Harley Quinn: Hot in the City

Halloween Comic Fest 2015

by  Conner Palmiotti, Hardin Sinclair
Date Read:  5/10/16
Rating: ★ ★ 
★ ★ 

I've never read a Harley Quinn comic book. To be honest, I've never really liked her just based on her usually "slutty" look. I realize that comics are geared toward men, so the characters are going to be like a male fantasy... and that's just not my style. But my husband likes the story behind Harley Quinn so we picked up a couple of them at Free Comic Book Day 2016.

This is a Halloween version released during Halloween Comic Fest, although, I didn't really see any connection to Halloween. I surprisingly liked the story. My favorite parts where when she saw the dog's sad face and she cried and when she sand "The Hills are Alive..." haha. I liked seeing her work to get what she wanted though. She's not completely crazy. And roller derby seems perfect for her! Ha.

I'm interested to read a couple more of the Harley Quinn comics that we picked up to see how they are. Maybe I'll start liking her a little more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...