Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Comic Book Review: Junior Braves of the Apocalypse

Junior Braves of the Apocalypse

Free Comic Book Day 2016

by  Greg Smith, Michael Tanner
Date Read:  5/16/16
Rating: ★  

I wasn’t sure what to expect with this story. I’m not usually a fan of zombie stories. I do have quite a few questions about how they went on a camping trip and missed whatever catastrophe happened in their town.

There is a lot of fighting for their lives in this section of the book, but it was hard to follow because you didn’t know the names of any of the characters. You didn’t get attached to any of them prior to the zombie fight. Therefore, when one of the kids is pulled out of a window by a zombie, the reader has no response to that.

This just didn’t do it for me. I’m grateful for having the chance to try it out for free from Free Comic Book Day 2016, but it just made me glad I didn’t pay money to get a taste of this. Perhaps if you enjoy zombies you might give it more of a shot than I did…but I just didn’t enjoy it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...